This easy, healthy green matcha mint smoothie is the perfect, natural green beverage for St. Patrick’s Day. It’s alcohol-free, so you can enjoy it at breakfast or any time of the day!
Since I am trying to abstain from alcohol during Lent, I will not be partaking in any green beer this year.
Truth be told, I prefer my beer unadulterated (no green dye for me!), but that doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy naturally green foods and beverages.
Lucky for me (and you!), this green beverage is one you can drink ANY time of day because it’s alcohol-free and full of all the good, healthy things.
This smoothie is similar to one I made last year, except I omitted the protein powder for a more natural source of protein—Greek yogurt.
Protein powder has its place (my favorite is Sunwarrior), but I have long been a fan of bulking up my smoothies with less processed sources of protein.
Healthy Green Matcha Mint Smoothie
yields one small serving
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/4 frozen zucchini
- 1/3 cup plan, vanilla, or honey-flavored Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp matcha powder
- 1/4 tsp mint extract
- milk, to desired consistency
- Add all ingredients into a high speed blender. Blend until well-mixed and desired consistency is achieved.
- Pour in a glass and add any toppings you desire (I just drank mine the old-fashioned way). Enjoy!
Feel free to double the recipe if you’re craving a more meal-sized smoothie—this one is more like a snack or component to a larger breakfast.A healthy, naturally-green beverage for St. Paddy's Day that you can enjoy ANY time of day! Click To Tweet
So tell me…
- Do you have any Irish heritage. I have a little bit, but I’m mostly British, Scottish, Welsh, and German.
- Have you tried matcha before?
- Green beer—yay or nay?