These Blissful Eats Chunky Monkey Waffles are a breeze to make. When topped with a simple, two-ingredient Nutella syrup, they become a decadent breakfast that anybody can create!
I love listening to her podcast—Blissful Bites—which highlights female entrepreneurs who are killing it in their industry.
Most of her guests are healthy living professionals and food bloggers, and each episode has given me so many ideas for my own blog and aspiring business.
You probably remember me talking about her Food Entrepreneurs Course*, which covered every topic from growing your Instagram to leveraging your existing community and developing relationships with local businesses.
One of her latest creations is a line of grain-free baking mixes—one of which I was able to try thanks to a generous discount.
It was tough to decide whether to try the apple cinnamon or the chunky monkey, but ultimately my love of chocolate + bananas won.
And, boy, did my intuition steer me right!
Since my in-laws were visiting the same weekend my mixes delivered, Mark and I decided to whip up some waffles, using the recipe on the box.
To take things up a notch, I topped them with the easiest Nutella syrup, sliced banana, and a dusting of powdered sugar.
Blissful Eats Chunky Monkey Waffles with Easy Nutella Syrup
- 1 box of Blissful Eats Chunky Monkey Grain-free Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- ½ cup Nutella
- milk or cream
- 1 banana, for topping
- powdered sugar, to garnish
- Follow the instructions on the box (which calls for 1 package mix, 3 eggs, 1 cup water, 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil, and 1/4 cup milk of choice) to bake as many waffles as you desire.
- For the syrup, add the Nutella to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in small 15 second increments until the Nutella melts. Add warmed milk and whisk until combined and to desired consistency.
- Then…drizzle away! Top with sliced banana and a dusting of powdered sugar.
Seriously—this couldn’t be easier! Nicole has done the hard work for you. You just need some kitchen tools (a bowl, a whisk, and a waffle iron), a tiny bit of Nutella (because, face it, nobody can keep a full jar of that stuff!), and some milk/cream.
These waffles are denser than typical waffles, and I think that’s due to the nature of grain-free baking. These contain no standard flour—only ground almonds, arrowroot starch, cassava, and other nutritious ingredients, and, with the inclusion of coconut palm sugar, they’re sweet enough on their own (but make the syrup anyway!).
Try them out on Amazon!*
Easy @blissful_eats chunky monkey waffles with @nutellaUSA syrup! Click To Tweet
So tell me…
- Have you heard of Blissful Eats?
- What combo would you try first—apple cinnamon or chunky monkey?
- What’s your favorite way to eat Nutella (besides off a spoon)?