These Mint Chocolate Energy Bites are simple, healthy, and reminiscent of the Thin Mints Girl Scout Cookies we all know and love. They’re the perfect bite to satisfy your sweet tooth or serve as an afternoon pick-me-up!
I know I’ve professed my love for cookies recently, but can we take a minute to discuss how wonderful Girl Scout cookies are?
I know, I know…they’re actually kind of expensive and the boxes have gotten smaller and smaller over the years, but they’re so good.
I’ve always favored Samoas (or Caramel deLites) despite my husband’s lack of love for coconut, but we both adore the newer Lemonades and will always have a special place in our hearts (and freezers) for Thin Mints.
Oh, and the Peanut Butter Patties/Tagalongs are good, too (because, duh, chocolate + PB = heaven).
But something about Thin Mints takes me back to my childhood—and go figure that this past Sunday was National Mint Chocolate Day (I’m always late on these things, despite my subconscious directing me to create something minty and chocolatey).
I’ve been extra snack-happy lately at work, so I thought I’d whip up something healthy to munch on in the afternoons when I’m craving something sweet.
These don’t taste exactly like Thin Mints, but if a Larabar fell in love with a Thin Mint and had a bunch of 1-inch round babies, then you’d get these easy and tasty Mint Chocolate Energy Bites.
Mint Chocolate Energy Bites
Yields approximately 20 1-inch bites
- 2 cups walnuts (unsalted and raw)
- 1.5 cups pitted dates (soaked in warm water and drained, to soften)
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1/5 Tbsp dark cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- Add walnuts to the bowl of your food processor and process until chopped.
- Add your softened and drained dates to the mix, and process until a sticky dough starts to form.
- Add your oats, cocoa powder, salt, and peppermint extract and continue processing/pulsing until a ball of dough forms.
- Portion into 1-inch size balls and allow to set in the freezer until firm. Store in the refrigerator inside an airtight container.
Energy bites may not look all that photogenic, but they are the perfect afternoon pick-me-up when you don’t want to turn to the vending machine.
Craving #ThinMints? Try these easy, #healthy, #vegan mint-chocolate snack bites instead! #sweatpink Click To Tweet
So tell me…
- What is your favorite Girl Scout cookie flavor?
- Do you prefer bites/balls or bars?